Grand Prix Formula 1
BMW Sauber have announced that 20-year old Mexican driver Sergio Perez will race for the team next season, partnering current driver Kamui Kobayashi.
A lap from the end of the race, the Lotus driver's Cosworth engine blew resulting in a few puffs of smoke from a rather small fire at the back of his car.
That, however, soon turned into a blazing inferno as Heikki Kovalainen attempted to park his car away from the race and, pardon the pun, out of the line of fire.
Following the depths of despair he endured with retirement in Belgium, Fernando Alonso was relieved to be back on winning form in Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix. As well as being his third victory of the year, Alonso’s success at Ferrari’s home race crucially pulled him back into contention for the 2010 drivers’ championship.
The Lotus team and engine suppliers Cosworth are set to end their partnership at the end of this season it has been confirmed. Like fellow newcomers Virgin and HRT, Lotus had entered a three-year agreement with Cosworth prior to joining the Formula One grid at the start of this year.
Karun Chandhok became the first man to drive a Formula One car around the all-new Korean International Circuit (KIC) on Saturday when he got behind the wheel of a Red Bull as part of a special demonstration event.
Pirelli have started their first Formula One tyre development test, with former Mercedes GP reserve driver Nick Heidfeld at the wheel of a 2009 Toyota TF109. Heidfeld is to be Pirelli's official test driver as the Italian firm prepares to return to Formula One racing in 2011 as the sport’s sole supplier following an absence of 20 years.
- Jenson Button shines at London Triathlon
- Lotus to field young Malaysian driver at aero test
- Schumacher handed 10-place grid penalty for Spa
- Five-place grid penalty for Kobayashi
- Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC over team order allegations
- Frustrated Ferrari determined to bounce back
- Formula One racing out in force for Goodwood
- Ten drivers handed post-race penalties
- Pat Fry to join Ferrari’s technical line-up
- Kubica to take Renault Roadshow home to Poland
- Felipe Massa to stay at Ferrari until 2012
Page 7 of 32