The Virgin team have announced that Belgian driver Jerome D’Ambrosio will partner Timo Glock in their race line-up for the 2011 Formula One season.
Grand Prix Formula 1
The Renault team are set to become known as Lotus Renault GP next season after agreeing a title-sponsorship deal with Group Lotus that will run until 2017. Following the return of the Lotus name to Formula One in 2010, under licence from Group Lotus to Lotus Racing, the announcement marks the complete return of the British sportscar manufacturer to the sport, with the full backing of parent company Proton.
Nico Hulkenberg will not be driving for Williams next season, it was confirmed on Monday. Hulkenberg said he had been unable to reach a satisfactory agreement regarding a contract extension with the team. Team mate Rubens Barrichello, however, has been retained for 2011.
Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been reprimanded by the Korean Grand Prix stewards for impeding Williams’ Rubens Barrichello during Saturday’s qualifying session for the Yeongam race.
- Petrov to drop five grid places in Korea
- Qualifying postponed until Sunday at Suzuka
- Sergio Perez to race for BMW Sauber in 2011
- Cosworth and Lotus terminate engine contract
- De la Rosa confirmed as Pirelli test driver
- Heikki Kovalainen says "didn't want to explode the car"
- Lotus set to become Team Lotus in 2011
- Virgin to assess D’Ambrosio over four Friday practices
- Alonso: Adaptable F10 can keep winning
- Lotus and Cosworth to end engine agreement
- Chandhok samples Korean Grand Prix circuit
Page 6 of 32