The Italian squad finished over a minute behind its rivals cars in 2007 to extend its winless run on the tight street circuit to six years.
Indeed since dominating at the circuit in the early Schumacher-era, it has developed into a relative bogey venue for the Scuderia with it failing to register a victory or front-row start there since 2001.
Title leader Raikkonen, who raced with a damaged front wing to third place in Turkey last weekend, says Ferrari will use this weeks Paul Ricard test to ensure it is in stronger shape in the Principality this time around.
“So far the only the weekend at Barcelona was without any problems,” he said.
“I hope that the next one will be at Monte Carlo.
“I think that we have a very competitive car.
“We'll have two days of tests in France to test the solutions for the Monaco GP.
“The team is very motivated to try to be strong on a track where we were not competitive last year.”
The Finn heads to Monte Carlo protecting a reduced championship lead after both his Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa and McLarens Lewis Hamilton moved to within seven points of him.
But although he admits he was disappointed about how his Istanbul weekend panned out, he believes it was only a small setback.
“I like to play golf and after the Turkish GP I had the same feeling like having a bogey,” he said.
“I came to Istanbul leading by nine points and now I'm seven ahead.
“Not much changed.
“I had a really difficult weekend. It started with a [gearbox] problem [on Friday] and went on with another [in the race].
“Fortunately in the end I did not finish too badly. I wanted to fight for a win, but that's racing.”